Friday, February 8, 2019

Water, sand, wood, steel

It was another beach day today. There was lots of driftwood and and I was in that sort of mood. Later I found some rusty steel rails used as support for rip rap. The light was high noon so I've emphasized the shadows, and dropped some into Photomatix to enhance the colour. So guess what you get.

Never fear, there are lots more!

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10 I spent a bit of time looking at the rails, thinking about composition.

11

12

13

14

15

2 comments:

  1. Interesting experiments. The bottom 2/3 of #4 is particularly successful. 15 strikes me as the beginning of an idea - low angle side light and focus stacking come to mind. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion about 15. Now I'll tell you what it is. A flat layer of sand, with some particles of black sand deposited per the vagaries of water motion. I was quite struck by the illusion of depth.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!