Friday, February 15, 2019

The most terrifying outlook yet

There is no shortage of scenic outlooks here. And when I say here, I mean the whole country. The views are always beautiful tending towards stunning, and sometimes falling into amazing AF.

Then we talk about the drive up to some of them. My driveway at home is wider than some of those roads.

Why is this particular outlook so terrifying, aside from the last few km of "road"? Because there isn't just one, but two, count'em, two prepared ways of leaving in a big hurry. There are several established walking paths around the top bits. And when I say established, I mean a path worn into the grass. No guardrails, no board walk. Just a sign saying it can be slippery when wet, and caution is advised. I think this is Kiwi humorous understatement.

It is a very very long way down.















Here's a hint, if you want to visit. We want to come back when it isn't so hazy.


1 comment:

  1. Love the ramp and the view's not bad either (as you said aaf). Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!