Sunday, September 30, 2018

More Fish Creek, with some red, and bridges

Here are some more of the shots from the recent Fish Creek photo ramble. Because I know you never get tired of red.



I hung around for a while, trying to get better light on those orange leaves, but it never happened. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Here's a couple warm up shots of the bridges. You get another view of this bridge tomorrow.

Keep this shot in mind for tomorrow as well.

You know how during the winter the weather forecasters here like to give us hope? The weather will be cold and crappy, but a week out they say it will be plus one and nice. That nice day stays there, a week out the entire winter. I don't know if they do it as a public service, trying to cheer us up. Or maybe they're just cruel, I don't know.

The last several weeks have been very un-Calgary weather. The forecasters are already getting into the game. It seems like there's just a few more days of cool rainy weather, then a few nice warm days. We've both been looking forward to those warm days so we can both enjoy the dahlias a little more, if they make it, and the bees can top of their winter supplies. Linda wants to do some fall planting and put the garden to bed, and has been waiting for some nicer days, those promised sunny days. But I think they're done.

I'm so glad I went down to Fish Creek on the spur of the moment. I've already started looking at image of the month, and I can hint that several from that walk will be featured. One of them, nobody but Linda has seen.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really love the birch tree in the third shot and of course I'd love the last shot, if I hadn't already seen your image of the month.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!