Tuesday, September 4, 2018

C&C

Once upon a time my dad was interested in sailing. I think his eyes were bigger than his wallet, but I remember being with him as he looked at several sailboats by C&C Yachts. I was in high school at the time. On one of these I got served a gin and tonic, even though I hadn't asked. It was my first one, and my last. I didn't throw up over the side, but never again. I can't imagine why anyone would drink something that tastes so bitter and terrible. Then again, some people say that about beer, or scotch. (The heathens that they are, knowing no better.)

Still, C&C made really good yachts, still sought after today. Back then they were big dollars, and even now they go for $US20 to 30K. Which, now that I think about it, and considering it's a lifestyle that makes photography look cheap, hmmmmm.

Anyways, like all good things, they eventually went under. Now, C&C only means the famous Curtis and Celina! I've got my hearing protection in, all together now, SQUEEEEE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!