Thursday, January 23, 2014

The pigeonaires, and what I put up with

Yoga was wonderful last night. I mean, it's often good, sometimes really good, and every now and then it's just wonderfully lovely. Which is a big contrast to last week, where something in my low back was unhappy with me. This week's flow might have been designed for a runner. Gotta love our yoga teacher! She worked pigeon pose into the flow, which was very nice. A few people winced, but most liked it. Linda asked if we were in any danger of getting pigeonaire disease from doing it.

Tonight was just brutal for a run. I mean. Look what I have to put up with for scenery! These are not retouched in any way.





I just had to stop to take the pics. Even so, 6K just over 42 minutes. Mostly nice and easy on a somewhat icy path, but one of the K was quite quick. Good cool down walk and stretching after.

Heading to bed pretty quick. The plan is to meet up with Katie in the morning at the pool. She wants me to try to swim 5 K, which I haven't done for years. I figure 2 K is more than enough, especially since my employer will expect me to work a keyboard during the hours they pay me.

The wine kit I started is perking along. There is a faint yeasty wine smell throughout the whole house. How we suffer.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Sounds like things are going along swimmingly, Keith. That's great! I ran 6k last night too - a very pretty night with clear skies above and fresh snow everywhere from the blizzard on Wed but have to admit I didn't much like the cold! Hoping it warms up a bit before I head out to run 12k with my buddy David tomorrow morning. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good anyways. It's supposed to get cold here tomorrow as well. I don't mind running in the cold, even very cold. But the ice lately has been brutal.

      Delete

Looking forward to reading your comment!