Monday, June 9, 2008

Quiet, peaceful swim, till the end

Back at the FOMC pool this morning. My lifeguard buddy there was telling me her adventures getting rained out of Vulcan Tinman. And she was camping! She was happy to know that it had been cancelled, and the weather had worsened after they had bailed out.

I had a lane to myself this am, but wasn't sure what to expect. The first couple laps were Jenna paced, but then I slowed to Keith paced, and cruised back and forth. For some reason the swim seemed to take a long time. I ended up swimming 1500 m in just under 30 min, having slowed down quite a bit in the last 500 m. Then into the dive tank for 15 minutes of core and stretching.

At the very end of the swim a couple more people came and joined my lane, but it all worked out well. If they hadn't showed up I might have gone for 2K, but I was feeling surprisingly lazy today and didn't want company in my lane. I don't know if I was doing something different with my stroke, but I was getting a weird feeling on the inside of my elbow bones. Not sure how to describe it. The IGP has some intervals coming up, and that's good. I need to work on those.

2 comments:

  1. The weird feeling was your inner shark dying to be unleashed. He probably wasn't too happy when you slowed down from Jenna pace.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll tell ya one thing, his inner shark could prolly help him on the bike/run too with all the rain comin down. :P

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!