Friday, February 8, 2019

Roses and riff-raff

We didn't know it at the time, but we didn't need to take the cable car up. It's a nice ride, and sort of fun and cool, but to get to the rose garden part of the botanical garden, totally not necessary. It's down at the bottom of the garden. Neat stuff to see along the way of course, and totally worth it, but the cable car was a detour, route-wise.

The gardens are nice. I managed to get some shots I thought were interesting at the time. I know many of my buddies will like this breath of warmth.

1 Everywhere I go there she is, wanting her photo taken.


2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10 Inside now, orchids, then other stuff. Don't ask me what they are. I should make up an acronym for that, or make it one of my blog rules. I don't know what kind of roses the above are, and I seldom know what other flowers are. I just take the photos, and only when I think I can get an interesting one. I don't care how pretty the flower might be.


11

12 This little guy was perched on a railing, looking like it might want to leap down on prey.

13

14

15

16

17

18

19 Begonias. I was reluctant at first to take these photos, since we have begonias at home. But the light!

20

21 Ano overview of the rose garden. Those grey things are not real plants. They are sculpture. There is more sculpture uphill. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. The focus on this set appears to be a little soft - I wonder if these have suffered from image compression. 13 is lovely. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!