Monday, February 25, 2019

Now I find out I married a beach drunk

She gets high on the salty air, and walks like she's on a mission. Most of us know what that mission is now. She goes and goes and goes. It's a surprise to her when the beach ends. "I just get drunk on the sea air," she says.



Today we were both disappointed in Waimorama beach. The reviews were so good! We eventually found it, with some difficulty. It's a short beach at high tide, we discovered. We strolled end to end, I found a bit of driftwood, and we wandered off again. For walking on a sandy beach, Ocean beach is much better. For photogenic driftwood, the Napier beaches are better.

Later we strolled along the Esplanade, which is the Westbay beach. It's a coarse sand or fine gravel, however you look at it.

When I was out there last night I found some really nice driftwood shots. We were on a different section today, and the driftwood wasn't as photogenic. Oh well.

The skies are promisingly clear tonight. I don't want to go far because we have an early start tomorrow, so I will try to see if I can get a milky way over that beach viewing platform.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!