Saturday, October 21, 2017

Frosty rose leaf mojo

If you don't like frosty rose leaves, carry on. Click here if you do.

We've been having a lovely fall here. Linda is getting the garden put to bed for the season but there's still lots to do. Last night was kind of crappy, a bit of rain, then snow. We had no idea what we'd wake up to.

Lots of frost, and a beautiful clear sunrise. The dark of the sky slowly lightening to an orangey rose in the east, sunlight glinting off a hard frost. I was out a couple times trying to capture the light, but managed to find it in the rose leaves. I love that rich orange reds mixed with the green of some of the leaves.

The last few days I've been feeling sort of blah in general, but today I saw the light and hustled to pick up the camera. It seemed like there was lots of shoot just in our front yard.

I'm really liking experimenting with a colourful blurry background, so you're going to get a bunch of that.









1 comment:

  1. Pretty light. I like the composition of #4 the best, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!