Thursday, January 20, 2022

Three from a road trip

You might remember that Sean and I took an overnight road trip last November to visit some red rocks near Medicine Hat. Here and here. After breakfast we headed home again, stopping now and then.

The first two were taken from essentially the same location, with me loving the skies. I'm thinking now that I'd like to see a long exposure shot of these for comparison, to see how the clouds would look smeared by the wind. Sometimes it looks good, sometimes it's a mess. Pity I didn't think of it at the time.



From a gas station on the Siksika nation. This is a 'not quite' shot. In other circumstances we might have looked for a better version of it, or waited for the light, but we were tired and wanted to get home. 


I'm looking back through photos over the last year and realized there's still a bunch from the Writing on Stone road trip that have not been blogged yet. Maybe next time.





Of the Day
Driftwood

Peony

Lily, plus a 5x serendipity
Downtown one morning from November 2016.


The view I used to get when heading out of town back in mid June 2017.


The view from my cabin Sundog Retreat in Yukon September 2017.


A bench somewhere along the Bow river, I think near Parkdale, September 2017. 

The night sky from west of Calgary, looking south, February 2018.

And at last, the lilies.




1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love these! Especially the first three, and the one from your cabin. I admire you for not being tempted to brighten the foreground just a little in the first two shots. I can't ever seem to resist. I actually think the light in the third one is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!