Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Spring? A rescue

We have this in our front garden. Is it spring? I fear not. Spring time in Calgary is cruel.


The back yard still has lots of ice in it, though one corner of that garden has a tulip poking up. What's important is that I can get to the BBQ and back without breaking my neck or dropping the offerings.

The rescue happened because I'm tall. A buddy of ours moved to Ft Mc$$$ because of work. Their house is conditionally sold, and we're all fingers crossed. However they asked us to drop in and see if they had forgotten to pack a couple things. A basement wardrobe drawer was mentioned. Nothing there, but I could see something on top.

I didn't think that what I saw was what I asked me to look for but I pulled it down regardless. There was something else, and it turned out to be a scroll for a degree in electrical engineering, nicely framed. We brought it along to give back to them. It's weird seeing the house so empty.

I can just imagine that scroll sitting there, gathering dust in the 8 or 8 inches between the top of the wardrobe and the ceiling. Maybe the house gets sold again. Someone finally decides to take out the wardrobe or finish the basement. I hope nobody gets bonked on the head by the frame as they try to move the wardrobe. I can picture them looking at the date, and wondering if that guy is still alive, and trying to find him. Meanwhile, the guy has got used to living without his framed certificate, and yet there is a tearful reunion, maybe coinciding with his retirement from the industry.

One of the COVID things is video calls. I've had several Zoom calls with my community association, (hint, all activities are cancelled), one Zoom call concurrent with an online version of Cards Against Humanity (hint, it's more fun in person when people are drinking), and several video calls with buddies. Here's the most recent call.


We haven't seen them in person for a while, but we can't blame COVID. It was great to get caught up with their news.


Curtis has been on a photogenic tear lately. The camera just loves him. Here's just one of the dozen or so from recent days. Maybe I should start a Curtis Photo of the day feature. Hmmmm.


A random rock from Nanaimo Neck something park, since the driftwood there is almost done.



Driftwood of the Day
All the same chunk of wood. One more to go, then on to NZ!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!