Sunday, April 19, 2020

Spring? Dare we hope?

Today is supposed to be sunny and 14. At last! Solid spring-like weather, though Calgarians know there's going to be more snow. Perhaps lots more. I'm hoping to get out for a run in shorts and t shirt.

So you get a front garden tulip shot to start the morning. At least Linda says it's a tulip, and who am I to disagree?


In the spirit of new growing things, there's this happening on Brighton beach. Of course I don't know what is growing in this chunk of dead wood. You go little plants!


The serendipity shot, same file number as the next one down. Celina giving me her usual dubious look.


Another plant growing out of dead wood. This is in the Orakonui Ecosanctuary.


Linda dodging the rocks at the end of Aramoana beach. While I love the big wide open spaces that some of the beaches have, I also like the confusion at the ends of some beaches, where the stone, sand, and water get all jumbled up. Catch it with time to play when the tide is just right, and the light is magical, and maybe a willing model, and you can end up with an amazing shot. This one isn't, but the potential was there, if I'd been willing to hang out all day.


Driftwood of the Day
Only a couple more from Nanaimo, then onto NZ driftwood.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!