Thursday, August 29, 2013

Well, that sucked

I guess my readers don't like it when I don't intrigue them with a teaser in Twitter and Facebook. Hardly anyone read that last post. Not that I had much to say.

Tuesday and tonight are writing nights. I'm getting things arranged into a first draft order. Not quite chronological in the beginning. Dropping out the bits that don't support the narrative. There are lots and lots of words there. My first goal is to tell the story, and damn the word count, though I know I'm going to be way, way over the word count for a typical novel. From there I can decide if I want to trim it down to novel length, or make it two different stories. This is a very conversational book, so far. (which is an in joke for my characters and me.)

Wed I tried running again. It looked like this.


I don't usually complain about my runs, but this was dreadful. In hindsight I shouldn't have done it. My hips were still a little bit stiff, and my legs felt very heavy. Most of the time they come around after an easy start. Not this time. It got worse and worse. I started by favouring my left leg a bit, and then more and more. It was warm and humid, and  I didn't think it was that hot, but I could not get my breath.

That big rise in the graph? I had to stop and walk. I got this nice shot though, so it wasn't a total loss.

I did a bit of a stretch there, and tried running again. No better. There was about a K to walk to get home and I was limping pretty badly by then. Bed called me pretty early, and I was sure happy things were much better this morning. The only thing I can think of is sitting on the ground several hours for the fireworks festival.

The pretty picture I was too tired to show you earlier was this one, looking NE from Glenmore and McLeod Trails. No manipulation of this one at all. I'm sure looking forward to this 4 day weekend, though I've got lots to do.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry about that damn hip. Heal up. Wine??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there has been some of that tonight, but I've been writing a while and should go stretch. Looking forward to a run tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Boo to crappy runs!! On the bright side, you got a fabulous picture!! And I love Beth's suggestion of wine - wine makes everything better!!! Hope the next run goes better!!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!