Thursday, October 25, 2012

Another shortie with rant commentary

I thought about running at Talisman this morning, which would have helped the step counter thingie happening at work, since I calculate it morning to morning. But I didn't, although I was determined to run this evening. So I did. Up to the reservoir and back, 9 K, in almost exactly 1 hour. Running nice and easy.

It was easily the most consistent run I've done since I start run meter, and I wasn't even trying. I was just chugging along, trying not to get bitten by dogs. The two spikes are waiting for the traffic light on 37 St. The phone was in my jacket pocket, and it was too much trouble to unzip and pause it.

Rick Mercer is the king of Canadian Rants. I've seen some of his rants, of course, what Canadian hasn't? I've read a few of them here and there, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the book I just bought. I love me a good rant, and I worship at his toes, practically. I'd love to know what some of the rant subjects think, though if they have any brains at all (In a politician this is a very debatable point) they will never, ever say the truth in a forum that might even potentially be considered public.

I've done a few blog rants myself, as some of you have said you liked. They can be found in the labels section. I never quite know what will trigger one, and they usually almost write themselves. For me, for most of my blog writing, I barf it all out at once, then go back and polish up a little bit. Later if I happen to look at it, I notice some things I'd change or polish some more, but that's part of the charm of blogs, is the immediacy. I wonder what it's like filming a rant? How many takes does it take? I wonder if there is a blooper reel of Rick Mercer Rants?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!