Monday, September 10, 2018

Macro Monday 28, The bee in the Dahlias

The light was nice and the bees were still a bit sluggish, so there I was with the macro lens. The bee photos are about 2.5 to 3x magnification. The actual lens, for my newer readers is the Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro.

What was funny is that the bees sometimes move like crazy in their work. There were a few shots that have the dahlia stuff in perfect focus, yet the bee is a blur, and it's motion blur not plane of focus blur. Fortunately it was calm out so the flowers aren't moving much.

We begin at the beginning. With macro photos it's sometimes hard to understand what you're looking at. So here is a close up of the lovely orange dahlia that has just come into bloom.

1.

2. A close up of the petals, to start getting the knack of hand-held macro photos again.

3. For some reason this reminds me of Curtis, sitting and looking at something with a vague air of mildly concerned interest.

4. It only took about 200 shots to get this, and I think this is the money shot. It's not quite as nice as Mr Travis Bee from last year, but I'm pretty pleased.

5. I included these other shots because I'd have been happy with them if they were the only ones that turned out.

6.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!