Thursday, September 20, 2018

Fall Colour 1

I think over the next little while I'll publish some colour photos from Fish Creek from a ramble on Sept 17. Stay tuned, there will be some red here and there! With the trees awash with orange and yellow, I've been trying some different effects, playing with camera settings. So far nothing has worked out like I'd envisioned it, but I'm going to keep working at it.

One of the experiments was to get the leaves of foreground tree out of focus in an artistic way, with the branches still discernible, and the background in sharp focus, but it didn't look nice.


This is on top of the hill above Fish Creek. I was trying to get the thistle in perfect focus, and play with varying degrees of focus in the background. There were some orange patches that I thought would make a nice contrast, but I couldn't quite make it work.


Autumn is generally a lovely time of year for Calgary, but this year has been disappointing. I hope this isn't a precursor to a long and dreary winter.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the bits of red that you can find! That is the colour of fall I miss the most from where I grew up. This weather has me feeling down in the dumps...I don't mind cold, but I hate all of this wet and rain.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!