Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Glow

Us being staid and semi-old, we don't get downtown much other than work. None the less, we had a nice date night downtown going to the various Glow exhibits, displays, or whatever you want to call them. I brought the camera, of course, but am somewhat disappointed in the results.

This is my best shot of the displays, and it doesn't do anything for me. At least it pulsed with music, and though I varied the exposure settings it didn't turn out as I'd hoped.



And this one. It's a boring photo, I admit. Then again, the chandelier is boring too. It's made out of a bazillion plastic chopsticks that don't do anything but sway in the breeze while hanging from a man lift . One of my photo buddies did a much nicer one and I'm jealous.


One was quite clever in theory, but the execution left a bit to be desired. A bunch of old streetlights were laid in the snow in a pattern. By looking in a telescope at a mirror mounted on a building, you could see constellations. Unfortunately, trying to photograph it would be a waste of time.

Another was Christmas lights wrapped around a tree that pulsed in morse code. It was a tree conversation, or so the literature said.

There is another shot of Linda with one of the exhibits, but it's interesting only because Linda's in it, and it isn't what I'd call a good portrait.


That's why the rest of the photos were of buildings, or street art.

1 comment:

  1. I like the first one very much! And that's a very nice shot of Linda too.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!