Monday, May 2, 2011

Election night ride

It was nice today, very nice. Right after getting home I hopped on my bike for an easy spin around the neighbourhood. Riding past several polling stations I was gratified to see lots of cars and people. I am hopeful that the slide in voter turnout will be reversed.

The ride was an hour of easy spin, just getting my legs going around. There were a few minutes of knee ache, but it passed. I was a little bit underdressed. The temperature was dropping during the ride and the wind was picking up. But it all worked out well.

We've got a Conservative majority government, which disappoints me. The NDP have made a HUGE gain in seats. They are now the official opposition. At least we won't have an election for at least 4 years. Lets see if we recognize Canada in 4 years.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry buddy, I am ecstatic that the Conservatives won! It was awesome that people VOTED. People cared. That is very good news.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...