Sunday, December 3, 2023

Last DPP

Here are the last of the Dinosaur Provincial Park photos. If you've liked them and want to see the landscapes for yourself, check it out here. Don't forget this was a staff conducted tour in a restricted area; they don't let people wander around by themselves. 

It's worth stressing that this is NOT near Drumheller, it's a bit NE of Brooks, near Patricia. There are people who planned to tour the park, and missed it by driving to Drumheller. Which is amazing in a similar way, plus one of the best dinosaur museums in the world. It's a 2 hour drive from one to the other, so you don't want to make that mistake.

I got so many photos of the park that even editing them down were far too many for one blog. So here are links to them in order posted. There is a bit of overlap with the film images, and some of them are out of order.

One, Plus a bit of an origin story for the trip.
Two, The medium format film photos (this is where some of the overlap is.)
Three, More photos, with a link to Linda's festive decorations, if you need a break from landscapes.
Four, which have the view from the top of the cliff you'll see  below.

Plus along the way you'll see an assortment of my Of the Day photos. These are ones that didn't get blogged along the way for whatever reason, or that there are so many of (like the New Zealand Driftwood) they couldn't possibly be presented in a series of blogs. Even people that are passionate about them would overload while trying to chew through thousands of photos. Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with distressed wood. There's several regular features in Of the Day, like driftwood from BC though that one is ending soon, flowers from Linda's garden, Yukon, and both old and new film photos. Periodic features include Linda, Curtis (mostly as a serendipity now), and Celina. For a while I thought of spacing out the DPP photos as an Of the Day feature.

There's even some serendipity photos. This is when I search for an image number for a photo I intend to put in the blog, and another unblogged photo comes up as well. Often they are a surprise to me as well, so I add them in as a surprise to my readers. Lastly, if you want to get an email notification when I post a new blog, send a request to keith@nucleus.com. 

1. Fred the camel.

2.

3. In an earlier post I mentioned I was peering over the top of a cliff to get a panorama photo of the area. Look at that little arc at the top of the cliff on the right. That's what I was looking over.


4. I love the leading lines. Pity I didn't have time to pose a model there.


5. The sunset brought out the colours in the rock like you wouldn't believe!


6.

7. Regular readers know I like to stand back a bit and try to get a photo of my tour buddies, and not a line up over there type of photo. This is one of the best ones.


8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15. More rocks perched on pedestals.


16.

17. Embiggen this one, and make it as wide as you can. It's worth the scroll.



18.

19. No, we didn't see Wylie chasing the road runner. Pity.


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Flower and Film (new)

Yukon

Film (old) The front beds under construction. The reliable 83 Honda Accord in the background. My brother sent me a for sale link for a very similar 81 Accord. They wanted way more than I paid in 83, for a 40 year old car. I'd love to have that car again, as a new car, but I'm not going to ante up that kind of money now.


1 comment:

  1. DPP and its sunsets in particular are wonderful and you have captured both well. I like both b&w images. The second feels like it could be a little brighter and would benefit from some deeper blacks. The silhouettes are also quite striking. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!