Friday, December 1, 2023

Second last DPP

Working through the Dinosaur Provincial Park photos. Once again, much to my amazement, Blogger has not screwed up the order. These start early evening and work into actual sunset. 

1. You can't tell, but to get this panorama I'm lying down (after carefully checking for cactus and snakes) with my head and shoulders poking over a cliff.


2. This is just to the right of the above panorama.


3.

4.

5. You probably think you're looking at a moderately interesting rock outcropping. Which is sort of true. But what you're actually looking at is a sideways view of a dinosaur footprint. Those interested in the geological process can read a summary here


6.

7.

8.

9. I was kind of fascinated by these weird sculpted shapes. They looked very organic, like part of some giant monster had been caught in a clay landslide.


10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Flower and Film (new)

Yukon

Film (old)
Linda's mom, gussied up in my finest oilfield parka to stay warm on a Waterton Lake boat tour. Plus Linda and her sister Kelly.


And a serendipity. I just know my readers love these oddball serendipity photos.

1 comment:

  1. Striking panorama (1), and so is the blue in 5. 13 is also notable. I prefer the b&w version of 12 in the next post to this one. My general comment from the next post also holds here. The set ends with mmm - watermelon. Nicely done. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!