Friday, December 8, 2023

November Image of the Month

Oops! Normally I get to the beginning of a month, and I'm keen to review the previous months photos. I've a bit of a process to select the image of the month and then move the photos into the Lightroom archive.

The very end of November I was deeply involved in selecting the photos for a Yukon book and getting that sent off to Blurb. 72 pages! Mine came ok as expected, then the driver had trouble finding mom's place. Then I got distracted since I'd already done the photo archiving task.

November was not a big month for getting out and making photos. The biggest block of photos was finishing off a roll of black and white film.

2nd runner up
Mainly for the textures of the water as it flows over the rocks, hand holding the camera for a longish exposure.


1st runner up
During a walk on the ice of what is normally a swamp. I like the textures of the trees and all the lines leading the eye around the photo.


Image of the Month
I'd been walking along the swamp, then turned around to see the view the other way. I shuffled around a bit to get the footprints where I wanted them, leading into the photo. The light was sublime. The black and white film brings a feeling to it that I don't think would have happened with digital.



1 comment:

  1. The IotM makes me think of the British landscape photographer Fay Goodwin. I really like the 1st runner up. My eye is led to many place, and the image feels balanced and complete. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!