Saturday, February 25, 2023

V Island Sombrio beach rock shapes

There I was, strolling along the south end of Sombrio beach. It was getting to be time to turn around when two things happened, pretty well at the same time.

I discovered these rocks and was fascinated. I've never seen anything quite like them. Some of them looked like plastic, some like skin. The shapes and curves and colours were absolutely riveting, and I clicked away happily. 

Once I looked around, wondering what next, another photographer said hello, and asked what the interest was. We chatted about photographic interests for a few minutes, then she asked what my waterfall photos looked like. I hadn't been there, and she pointed out the creek that was the trail to the waterfalls.

So this is really a two part blog. Today is the rocks I found. Next blog is the waterfall.

I don't know what any of the proper names for these rocks are. This is exactly the way they looked, no photoshop tricks to enhance colour or texture. I'd happily go back and visit these again, working on photos over a tidal cycle.

Remember, I'm putting blog notifications on Facebook irregularly at best. If you don't want to miss any, leave a comment asking to be added to my blog notification list. Or an email to keith at nucleus dot com.

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12. This one was on VERO.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21. The black sheep of the Red Rock Coulee family, exiled for some unspeakable crime. Or maybe it's actually a Moeraki rock that got lost on the way to the reunion.

22.

23.

24.

25.

26.

27.

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Peony

Tombstone

Film (new)

Film (old)



1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you for being fascinated with those rocks. They're fantastic. I agree with sharing #12 on vero. It's the winner out of those you shared, imo. I also really like #13 too. It could almost be a closeup of the back of a massive crab. The peony's gorgeous as always, and it's great fun seeing old pics of you and Linda. What a couple of cute kids!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!