Wednesday, February 1, 2023

January Image of the Month

Well, that went by quickly. The year is 1/12 over already. Next thing you know the stores will be putting up Christmas decorations.

The majority of photos from this month are digitized from old film. Some of them are photos Linda or I took on our camera, and some are really old photos of Linda's family from about 70 years ago. It's clear to me the really old ones are not eligible for Image of the Month. They aren't my photo, in the sense that I didn't capture the photo, I only copied it.

My current film photos are not only eligible for Image of the Month, they've won several times, and in fact, image of 2022 and the two runners up were film images. It doesn't matter if it's film or digital, it's how good I think the image is.

But what about the older film images captured with a point and shoot? I didn't really think that any would match up to my current work, but to my surprise 2 of them ended up with 4 stars. One of them is mine, and one of them is of me and Linda, (see yesterday's blog post) and I've no idea who was holding the camera. But when I look at them closely, the limitations of the camera are obvious. I'll consider them, but I'm going to be astonished if any end up on the podium.

With no further ado, here's January's winners.


Second Runner Up
I'm a sucker for reflections. Some of you might remember a similar photo from late 2018, here if you're interested. Which to my eyes now looks a little overbaked, but then I was editing it for the cover of our community newsletter. 

First Runner up
More reflections.

Image of the Month
Big Hill Springs park during a walk with Sean. For once the flowing water looks the way I was hoping it would turn out.



1 comment:

  1. All strong images. I like the perspectives you chose on the two runners up. IOTM was a great find and well captured. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!