Sunday, November 27, 2022

Linda's art

I'll bet you didn't know one of the casualties of recent times are those blocks of green floral foam. Linda went looking for some to use in her seasonal displays, but failed. (It's not often she fails.) There was none to be had. In previous years I'd picked some up during my various errands, being limited by how much the car could hold. Then Linda got more. And more. 

So there was a change of plan this year. She was hoping to get the displays done before we went into the deep freeze, and scuttled about getting the required supplies, and raided her own stock. BTW, the deep freeze is scheduled for tonight. There isn't much daylight this time of year, so she was up and about, trying to get it all done in between her other stuff. Retired people, you know. Always on the go, doing something. 

On the topic of on the go, before I forget, a few weeks ago she was nominated and elected to the Board of the Master Gardener's Association. And I was elected president of our local community association.

So here is the annual photo series of the seasonal displays.













This one isn't a created display. I liked how the light fell on the leaves of the white peony.


Of the Day
Driftwood

Flower

Peony

Tombstone

River reflections

Lynx

Film

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you both. I'm sure you will do well in your new roles. Lovely arrangements Linda as always. Tombstone and your record thereof continues to impress me. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!