Sunday, November 14, 2021

Not too soon to start, excepting Christmas

Generally, the best answer to the question of 'when to start something' is, now. Except Christmas. The correct time to start Christmas is about mid-December. Not now, not even close to now. Fanatics to the cult of Christmas can start Dec 1, provided they keep it to themselves and wash their hands afterward. Now that we've got that clear, let's carry on.

So in that sense, this is the first call for my seasonal Ask Me Anything feature. It usually takes my readers a little while to get going on this, and I blame the early Christmas infection distracting them from what's important. Pity there isn't a vaccine for that. The rules are simple, Ask Me Anything, and I will answer. If you search for AMA in the little search box in the upper left of your browser window, you'll get all sorts of examples to inspire you. There are several questions referencing 2021 activities that I'll try to bridge back to.

It occurs to me that I have lots more time to invent questions, ascribe them to people, and then inventively answer them. Maybe I'll start that process now...

Linda is working on the seasonal decorations, stay tuned for photos of those.

I don't pay much attention to my blogging statistics, mainly because I don't particularly believe what either Blogger or Google tells me. I don't even understand some of it. But the thing I do know is my writing output is way down, in terms of blogs published. Not sure about actual words published. I knew I hadn't blogged as much this year, but I actually looked at the number. Even if I blog every day between now and the end of the year (highly unlikely) this will still be the slowest blogging year since I began this whole thing. By far the slowest year. I can't even particularly blame the work contract for the first part of the year; output then is much the same as output afterward. I'm not entirely sure why, but I do know that I don't seem to have much new to say. We'll see how it goes.

It's kind of the grey season here. We're past the rich colour of autumn, into the pre-winter blahs. I've been out on a few photo walks recently, but nothing is in danger of being selected as image of the month. That means more walks, somewhere. Decisions, decisions.

The beavers appear to have been particularly busy near Votier Flats. There's several new dams that I don't remember from my last visit. I didn't see any beavers, or even anything that looks like a beaver den. Maybe I need to look more carefully. Here's the ones I liked best from yesterday in Fish Creek. 

Somehow the photo doesn't give the same impression of eyes peering at you as real life did.


I hope you see a cat.

There was a bit of a breeze but I managed to catch a calm moment.

Of the Day
Driftwood

Peony


Lily

Dragonfly

Eagle

Owl

1 comment:

  1. I'm not at all surprised you've blogged less than in previous years. After all, you were back at work in the early part of the year, and you've done a lot of photography. And then there's all your other projects. A day only has so many hours in it.

    Love the eagle image. An unusual perspective that really focused my attention on his claws and beak. Also, I especially like the photo of the rock that looks like a little mountain. Can't explain why exactly.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!