Monday, June 14, 2021

Macro Monday 45

Another in an ongoing series of macro photos. These were done with the 100 mm macro lens with extension tubes, hand held in natural light. To give you a sense of scale, the first flower is about 3 cm from petal tip to petal tip.





I like watching ants scramble over plants. They're almost as much fun as bees.



I'm beginning to get some more ideas about subjects for the big macro lens, and this book is giving me ideas as well. Lots of ideas. This was part of a Kickstarter campaign from a while ago. I was getting a bit nervous about it, since I'm always worried about this sort of thing being a scam. But I've actually med Don at a talk he gave at the Camera Store, and was reassured. I'm very pleased so far. Even if you aren't interested in the gear or techniques, some of the photos are stunning! As the saying goes, stay tuned. Here's a link to Don's books



Of the Day
Driftwood

Front garden bed from a week ago. Tulips are done in this bed, but alliums are on the go, and lilies are about to burst into bloom. The roses are working hard on their shoots and leaves. The mint is almost ready to start calling the bees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!