Thursday, May 27, 2021

Reader Rock Garden with buddies

Reader Rock garden is a favourite for many photographers in Calgary. It's central, there's lots to shoot, and like any other garden, it's always changing. My buddy Kelly (of Yukon fame) had suggest we meet up there. It was nice to get out of the house and shoot something else, think about different compositions. Several others joined us as well.

We had great light for our expedition, and I was a bit surprised at how far along some of the flowers were. I was also looking for composition in wood and stone, and found some interesting shots. Interesting for me.

And as it turns out, Blogger is being pissy about adding photos. I had to use a different method, and it's gone and put them in reverse order. So scroll down to the bottom and work your way up to see them in the same order I took them, if that's important to you.

Our irises are only just beginning to bloom, and these are almost done. Go figure.




As always, I'm often more interested in dying blossoms that the ones in full bloom.

It's the backdrop here I liked, with the flower being a bit of decoration. There's a bear's face in the background.

I'm a big fan of cactus plants. You don't often see them in Calgary.

One of the photo buddies hard at it.

A bee, hard at it, like always. Looking forward to more bee shots over the summer.

An abstract for you.





This was fun, to capture this abstract, to get the camera focused on what I wanted it to focus on. A petal hanging from a spider web.

I'd like to believe this is one plant eating another, and not something where we should be averting our eyes and telling them to get a room.
Composition in stone.

Hairiest crocus I've ever seen. At least I think it's a crocus.

Pareidolia in stone.
 
I loved the colour of the bark, and was looking for something to contrast. After walking around the tree a couple times I found this growing out of it.

You guys know I'm a sucker for orange.

Another bee, hard at it.




Of the Day
Driftwood


Celina


1 comment:

  1. The numbers are as per blogger order.
    8 - I like the texture and this image would work much larger
    13 - interesting idea and I would have liked to see the floating petal take up more of the frame
    16 - hairy crocus - nicely done
    17 - the world is full of hidden creatures
    19 - nice lines and it's orange
    20 - great composition and focus
    23 - very calming
    Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!