Wednesday, May 12, 2021

First tulip blooms

Last year the tulips really put on a show. I love to get the light shining through them just right so they look like molten glass. Nothing really quite like that so far, but only a few have opened up. Oddly enough, the very first one was in the back garden, really early May. Next was the side bed, then the front patio. All these are sheltered from the sun to some extent. The front beds get the best light, and as I write this a red tulip is opening up. You can bet there will be photos of it soon.






The summertime dramatic clouds are getting started, with me not getting a good angle on them yesterday. I'm hoping to be out and about this year and get some good photos of the popup thunderstorms. Not that I'll become a storm chaser or anything. 

The various wine kits are coming along, in between lots of puttering around the house. I've got a (self-generated) list of things to do, and plan on chugging through them in an orderly way. Spring is here, after all. Though really, today is one of Calgary's summer days. They can happen any time, really. It's like someone put the seasons in a blender.

Found this photo while I was looking for the driftwood of the day, and was thinking beach thoughts.


Of the Day
Driftwood
If I'd had more time, and some supplies, I'd have totally fastened some sharp stones on this to look like teeth.

Celina, from an outdoor morning.


Flower



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!