Wednesday, May 20, 2020

3 Fish Creek walks

Fish Creek is one of my favourite places for a local photoramble. There's so many places to visit, they look quite different from season to season, and of course it changes from year to year. Even in the course of a single walk the light can change dramatically. If you can't find something to take a photo of, you aren't trying very hard.

I've posted some of the photos from these walks already, but here's getting caught up on the 3 visits so far this year. Some are taken just for documentary purposes, some I'm trying to be artistic, some appeal to my sense of whimsy, some I took wondering if I could make anything of them when I got home. And yes, there some times at home I wonder what I was thinking, but there's none of those here today.

From a May 4th walk near bridge 2.
1. This little guy was not happy to see me at all. The language!

2. I was quite taken with this, loving the light and the rich colours.

3.

From a May 6 walk with Sean near bridge 8.
4. Someone stacked up the rocks on the dead tree. Of course I had to take photos of it.

6. Just some rocks, liking the colour contrasts, looking for composition.

7.

8. I'm a bit of a sucker for plants growing in the face of adversity. This little tree is growing out from under the rock.

9. Loving this jumble of logs. I wasn't liking the guy in the bush nearby, smoking dope. I think there's more to see once the river goes down a bit.

10.

11.

12.

13. The log is actually hollow, but I'm not sure if that's visible in this version.





From a walk May 18 near bridge 15. So many people around! I was amused by a couple at one point. He had a fishing rod and some gear, and was dressed much like you'd expect to see such a person dressed. His partner was dressed for a stroll downtown. (Not THE stroll, but maybe a wannabe.) Tight low cut jeans, with a fancy loopy belt, stylish boots. A long sleeved fluffy sweater that left her midriff bare. A floppy hat more looks than to keep the sun out of her eyes. You could tell he was patient but pissed trying to drag her along where he wanted to go.

14. an abstract of something in the river.

15. Ducks are everywhere at Mallard Point. What did you expect?

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

21.

It's always fun to go with another photographer. Let me know if you'd like to come along sometime.


The Of The Day features
Michelle

Curtis

Flower

Driftwood


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!