Tuesday, April 9, 2019

I voted. Have you?

Yes, I know, the advanced polls only opened today. None the less, I did it on the way home after a long day at work. The only fly in the ointment is that I didn't get the personal satisfaction of voting against Jason Kenney. He is currently our MLA, but they shuffled the boundaries around.

I don't know what it is about this area. Jason Kenney, Stephen Harper, Preston Manning, and Ezra Levant of (ack choke) Rebel fame have either represented this area federally or provincially, or wanted to.  Dave Rodney was the MLA for many years, and in spite of being one of the last members elected in the remains of the Conservative Party, never got any notice. I suppose if I had to make the choice between being represented by a complete non-entity, or the likes of Harper or Kenney, I'll take the non-entity any day.

Regardless of your opinions, I urge you to get out and vote. The guy behind me in line was bitching about having to wait about 10 minutes. Bah! I was pleased that they've had a good turnout. I'm not sure what it means, but we'll find out in a week. I can but hope Albertan's remember what a mess the Conservatives made of things over 40 years, and this bunch is even worse.

Sometimes I like to segue from text to a photo, or the photo to text, but I got nothing today.

This was taken shortly after the March photo of the month, a bit further north and on the other side of the road.



Driftwood of the Day
These are the same log as a couple days ago, edited slightly differently, and from different places on that log.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!