Sunday, April 14, 2019

A visit from an old friend. Two, actually

There I was, out grilling some bison, and what happens? Hail. Actual hail. I hope this is not a foreshadowing of what will be happening this summer. So that's one.



Linda found two in the library. If you don't know who John Dortmunder is, in some ways I envy you, and pity you. Envy because you have some amazing reading in front of you. (Best to start with the earliest books in the series.) Pity because you've been missing out on so much. Some of the situations that happen to him had me nearly peeing myself with laughter. (That stolen Cadillac, the bank job, the emerald, the ruby, and so much more.)

This one isn't that good, but it's nice to see the old gang back together, working their old magic on a reality TV show. I think that's all I'll say about that. It was a delightful afternoon read.

As as side note, as an aspiring writer, I love the way Westlake puts a story together. The regulars and their conversations in the bar have to be overheard. Nobody could make up that shit. Could they?


Driftwood of the day
This is the last of the driftwood from Paraparaumu beach. Next up is driftwood found on the beaches in the Hawkes Bay Area. The shingle beaches are near Napier, and the sand ones are north or south of there.




1 comment:

  1. Today's driftwood is a success. There are multiples paths my eye can take exploring the lines, shapes, and forms. Where the eye stops there is something to see. It's bit like exploring a well-designed garden. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!