Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The build begins

Last night IG encouraged me to run today, if I felt up to it. I wasn't so sure about it, and almost hoped there'd be major snow this morning, so I'd have an excuse not to run. No snow. So I ran.

Parked at FOMC and ran through the neighbourhood, down the hill, north along the path just past the golf dome, and back again. I was a bit tired at first, but settled into a nice easy pace. Kept the heart rate upper zone 2 throughout, and it peaked at only 134 chugging up the hill.

A very nice morning for a run, though just coming back to the pool was a bit cold with the wind. Tried to think about the running tips IG passed along, but didn't want to get too carried away. There's a time trial at the spin session tonight.

50 min 9/1 plus about 10 minutes stretching in the gym after. Looking it up later I figure it was about 6K. Nowhere near my fastest run, but that wasn't the point today.

And now, the spin session. K and I were the first ones on our bikes. I was almost too warmed up, if that's a concept. I was ready to go on the main set long before we got there. We did some one leg drill, though it was short enough I could keep up and finish the sets. Then into time trial. 20 minutes. I had trouble dialing into 90 rpm. I sort of varied between 88 or 93. With about 6 minutes left to go I changed into one harder gear and drove my heart rate into the mid 120's, and had to push my legs to finish.

A short session overall, 1.5 hrs this evening. I'll read some other blogs, slowly settle down and with any luck I'll get a good nights sleep.

3 comments:

  1. ok...great job!! Your fitnes is really coming together - you must feel so GREAT!!! And no wishing for SNOW - think tulips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you wish for snow i will show you five foot two of fury!!! NO MORE SNOW!!! :P

    it's awesome seeing your fitness come along - i just wish i could be at the chinook half to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be scared! Susi seems like a pretty frightening ball of fury!

    I've decided to do Chinook so we'll be in it together, I'm just hoping for no rain!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...