That was a bit of an abrupt transition. We went from lots of rain and cool, to smoky and hot. Not so much fun to be out and around in.
But at least we're not part of the huge evacuation in France and Spain. If I'm reading the news correctly, more than 250,000 people are on the move to escape wildfires. To put it in perspective for us Canadians, that's the entire population of Saskatoon, or Kitchener. Let's all hope that situation gets better soon. I fear climate change is just getting started.
La Calle by Alex Webb. I'd seen other of his work and put this one on hold. It's a really interesting book format, in that the covers are almost like pressed cardboard, and they're cut flush to the pages. The photos are fascinating, in that there's a street scene, and something to set off the street scene, though you might have to look to find it. Or maybe you have to look to find the street scene.
Plus one of our summer students is into science fiction, and we had a great chat the other night in between her giving out popsicles to neighbourhood kids. Or anyone else that wandered by. She's a Star Trek fan, and when I mentioned a trove of books in the basement from well before she was born, she asked for titles so she could look for them. Done. I've re-read a few of those as well. She's just starting to work her way through SG 1, so that restricted our conversation a bit.














No comments:
Post a Comment
Looking forward to reading your comment!