Friday, July 31, 2026

Flowery Friday 7, Lilies

So once upon a time we had a ton of lilies in the garden. They're great photo subjects and are so beautiful. However we had an infestation of lily beetles a few years ago. We were out morning, noon, and night looking for the bright red carapace or the disgusting larvae stage. We hunted and crushed and crushed and hunted. Some people gave up on lilies because they couldn't keep ahead of the beetles. We lost a few lilies.

Then we had a vole infestation and we're still fighting that. We've caught lots, I think we're up to 18. I bought more glue traps after my lab appointment. (Yes mom, I'm out of the lab, only some blood work, and I'm fine.)

Waiting for the lab appointment was an interesting study in humanity. One lady, you'd think she'd never done this before. She was indignant that she had to pee in a cup, doubted her ability to do so, and was under the impression she could come back in an hour for the results. It started loud enough for everyone in the waiting room to hear, and she only got louder as the staff tried to deal with her. As an aside, I've had entire appointments from spelling my name to walking out, take less time than she was taking. The lady behind her was grumbling about the wait and maybe missing her appointment (the appointment times are a bit of a guideline, not a moon launch time window) and then we she got up to the desk, it was another performance. I don't know how that turned out. Us geezers, you know. So needy. 

Still, we do still have some lilies, and you get them here. These photos were taken July 30.
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)


Film


Linda


Newfoundland


New Brunswick


Why ever didn't I publish this, and maybe I did


90 days, or so ago


Flower


Landscape


Serendipity


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!