Friday, July 14, 2023

Flowery Friday 2, the May 23rd edition

In the pipeline is the owl story from the canola/steam train tour. But because it's Friday, and there's lots of flowers in the pipeline, ready to show off, you get the flowers of May 23. A couple others from that day have been blogged already and are not included here.

In a surprise development, I'm pretty sure I know what all these are. Which means you probably do as well. 

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13. Not a flower, of course, but I liked the ripples.


14.

15.

16.

17. Last year our neighbour's apple tree didn't produce any apples at all. There was a frost at just the wrong time. This year there are a great many apples. One of the branches is weighed down enough that I have to fend it off as I'm tending the barbecue. I'm quite sure that our late summer sleeps will be interrupted by the BONG of apples falling on the barbecue or the white water barrels. We're pretty sure that our elderly neighbour will never live there again. We're told that she's enjoying the assisted living facility, and that her son is planning on selling. I hope our new neighbours don't cut down this tree. We love the shade.


18.

19.

Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)

Driftwood (BC)

Yukon, Miles canyon.

Film (new) 
Typically swamps don't make good photographic subjects, but I wanted to see how this film (Lomo 100) looked in subdued light. I'm pretty pleased.


Film (old)
In the spirit of flowery Friday, evidence I was taking flower photos long before the digital camera showed up. This particular bed has been taken over by a couple roses intent on world domination.

1 comment:

  1. And today's Flowery Friday Finalists are 2,6, and 8.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!