Sunday, January 1, 2023

December Image of the Month

Not so many images exposed in December, and most of them are for the community association. Some are quite nice, but are not eligible for consideration here. The vast majority of the rest are 35 mm film where the exposures started early October. But by the rules I made up, I consider the date they got imported into Lightroom as the day of the photo, which turned out to be Dec 20.

Why that rule? Mainly because it's harder to keep track of the actual photo dates for film. Lots of times photos exposed in one month don't show up till the next month, and I'm not going to go back and reconsider. Which, I admit, has complications of it's own. For a while I considered having two separate Lightroom databases, one for digital, and one for film, but didn't. Maybe I should have.

Both of these are a Visions3 film, which needs special processing, but I love how it captures colour and light. If you don't follow my photoblog and want to see more photos with this film, and a bit about the film, go here

Runner up
The south side of the Glenmore reservoir has a lovely treed section between the shoreline and the main paved path up at the top of the hill that goes all the way around the reservoir. There's lots of paths, and I don't think I've explored them all yet. I found this stairway in great light and didn't even have to think about it. I might have to bring a model back to pose here.


Image of the month
I was out for a walk with my dear friend (and favourite model and BRBE) and asked her to pose in this patch of nice light. I love how the film and light treats her skin, and the air of serenity from her pose.



1 comment:

  1. Great light and capture that compliments the pose. You might want to darken the hot hot spot by her right elbow as it distracts the viewer from the photo's mood.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!