Thursday, September 17, 2020

The embiggen thing

Putting photos in a blog ought to be a simple thing. Fundamental even. But it can't be done at all in Safari. Now I use Firefox to build the blog, which sort of works better. Better in the sense of actually adding photos to the blog.

Not better in the sense of making it easy. There are, supposedly, two methods. One is drag and drop. They go where the cursor is, but as I learned yesterday, they don't embiggen. Or some of them don't. I don't understand why. 
 
The other method is to use the little icon to add an image, open another page, search, and add. They sometimes go to the bottom of the screen, no matter where the cursor is. The main reason I don't use this method is that if you're loading more than one image, and the load process barfs on one of them, the whole load process freezes, and you have to start over from scratch. Which could happen on the 4th image, or the 15th.
 
This is all quite aside from the stupid rich text editing button than insists on paragraph formatting, which does odd things to spaces. Which is why the photos are sometimes oddly placed.
 
Today's blog is to add a few photos, experiment with the load process, and see if they embiggen.

Let's start with some construction photos, just because. Our new pedestrian bridge from various times this summer.
 

They were using this to pour concrete on the pedestrian bridge deck. Looks sort of like a giant insect.

 From 130th Ave, while they were installing a giant storm water thingie.


 The views from the new pedestrian bridge. I sent this to my buddy Beth of SUAR fame, and she laughed her face off.


From the top of the bridge you can see into nearby yards. You could easily do a shingle inspection on some of the homes.
Of the Day
A surprise return of Michelle! Not a planned shot.
 
Curtis and Celina are elusive again.

 White peony
Flowers

Driftwood

1 comment:

  1. None of the images are oddly placed on my Mac and the embiggen thing works beautifully. Took me three photos to realize I could scroll through them but them I had to go back to read what you had to say about them. Overall, it all looks good on a large screen Mac. If I find time and FB doesn't hide your post on me I will look at it on my iPhone later.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!