Friday, January 3, 2020

Fun with light.

Much of this was experimental for me. Part of the joy of photography is capturing the light, but another part of it is creating the light. There are lots of ways to do this, and some things that look really cool are actually quite simple. My buddy Cam is a bit of a DIY kind of guy. We headed out to Ralph Klein park where I joined Cam, Kathy, and my buddy Sean.

This is the main part of the facility. I didn't do the purple sky, it did it on it's own no matter how I manipulated Lightroom. Live with it.


A cool effect.

Another view of the facility. It really is a cool place. I've been here several times now, and never yet been in the building. Unfortunately, it's also bright. Standing here (which is right beside the pillars you'll see in the next photo), it's easily bright enough to read a book. Which makes the light effects tougher.

Cam, Kathy, and Sean contemplating the scene, thinking about what we'd do. The aircraft light trails were part of the fun. I'm going to see if I can make a time lapse out of some shot sequences.

Me watching Cam doin an orb. You can see we put some lights at the base of the pillars, but they didn't light up as much as we had hoped. Kathy did some lighting with a red flashlight, but I'm not happy with those shots.

Cam working one of his magic light gadgets.

Cam doing a light flower.

I think this was Sean channeling a slinky.

Kathy doing some interpretive light dance.

Cam working on his eye of Sauron death ray.

Me signing my name in light.

Cam and I having fun with some blue haze.

Yes, I'm still working on Image of the Year. I'm down to the final three, and trying to decide which is winner and which is runner up. Wouldn't want to rush such an important decision.

Don't forget to Ask Me Anything! I've got some questions already, looking for more. Maybe I'll attribute one to you, if you don't ask.

Deadwood of the Day




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had fun. And you got some pretty cool images too!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!