Sunday, July 14, 2019

The flowers of the rocks

During our tour of Red Rocks, I found a bunch of flowers and other vegetation. Here it is.

There was one huge patch where there was a ton of prickly pear. Not sure why there and not elsewhere.

I liked how this shrub was sort of silvery in the light, but I don't think the camera captured it very well.

I couldn't get low enough. I wanted a translucent band of red across the horizon lit up by the sun.

 A small wild rose. There was a ton of it.

You'd think there wouldn't be enough soil for this to grow. And no, I have no idea what it is.

I nearly stepped on this tiny little plant. It's maybe a cm across, and it's the only one I saw. I think it's a poppy.

Same flowers. Different rocky background.


Stay tuned. I think tomorrow will be landscapes of the rocks, where the rocks appear tiny in the vast Alberta landscape.

Rock of the Day
Linda thinks this looks like a turtle. I think it's like something out of Star Wars. You?



Driftwood of the Day



1 comment:

  1. Such fertile photographic ground begs for a return trip - I just don't know when. Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!