Monday, July 15, 2019

She had a dragonfly visit

I was out on a photo ramble with a dear friend and her family on the weekend. Along the way a dragonfly camped out on her hat long enough for me to get several shots of it. I didn't have the best lens on the camera for that sort of thing, but changing lenses would have been complicated for reasons I need not get into.

I've been down into Fish Creek a bunch of times this year keeping an eye out for dragonflies, but haven't had much luck. This is the first one I've seen close up. Maybe it saw the camera and thought it would be the big break into the big leagues.

Along the way the water was particularly interesting.


Afterwards the pink peony in the back was particularly captivating.





Rock of the Day



Driftwood of the Day


1 comment:

  1. I love the composition with the dragon fly and peonies are always a treat. I'm undecided on the water - the texture is interesting - does the post-processing help or hinder the observation - answer unknown. (ps stay tuned for a black and white shot of water). Cheers, Sean

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!