Thursday, January 10, 2008

Complaints complaints complaints

IGP™ plan called for a 60-70 min spin tonight.

20 min warm up
20 min main set
10 min cool down

The main set was finding a gear at 90 rpm that gradually pushed my heart rate up to mid 130's or so, then back down a few gears and slow to about 80 rpm till heart rate recovered to 120 or so. I don't know how many times I did this.

I hadn't been on the bike more than few minutes when I started getting complaints. I quickly got the idea this wasn't going to be a fun ride. I never did get comfy on the bike, and never settled into a nice groove. My butt hurt the entire ride. It seemed like my right leg was doing all the work, and the left all the complaining. For a few minutes during the warm up and cool down I concentrated on light feet going round and around, but that only lasted a few minutes while I concentrated on it. Even my balance felt really unsteady, and it seemed like I was rocking from side to side a lot. At one point in the cool down it seemed like my knees were coming up around my ears, and my elbows were drooping to my ankles. Very strange. I'd hoped to grind it out to the hour mark, but at 50 minutes my legs and butt said enough. I did about 10 minutes of stretching, particularly the hams. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!