Friday, September 6, 2019

Flowery Friday 5, plus!

There are flowers, but first, you may have missed my last blog, since I hit the publish button only a few hours ago. Look here for the first of my auroral shots. You'll see a couple more as you read. Just Yukon aurora, nothing special. (snicker. They were amazing!)

Here's a faint hint of what we're going to get along the Dempster.


Plus some other scenery, just to pick a few almost at random.
Kathleen Lake.

Sunset on the Alaska highway.

And a couple more aurora, just because.



We got back to the cabins just after sunset, which lasts a really long time, btw, and I was planning to do a quick blog then go to bed. But! Neil texted, said aurora might come out after all. I go out and look up to see light in the sky. After a bit of futzing around I set up near Neil's cabin, and find out the light in the sky is Steve! Wow, another nice show. I watched for a while, then went to bed and left the camera running.

I came out this morning to find out there are nearly 1000 photos to go through. Some are Steve (I could make another movie) there are some nice Milky way shots, and a bit of aurora off to the left of my screen. I'll post this, then let the laptop chew on those. We're off for another big day in a couple of hours.

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!
Just imported the photos from last night. Meet STEVE!! My first good look at it and I couldn't let you guys go another 24 hours when I could just update the blog. The things I do for my readers.


An 'ordinary' milky way shot.

I'm not sure what this is. Maybe an Iridium satellite.


And now back to the regularly scheduled Flowery Friday.
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10

Peony of the Day
(July 20)


Driftwood of the Day





No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!