Thursday, September 5, 2019

The auroral last night was amazing!

There we were, after an uneventful travel day to Sundog Retreat. Unpack and hang out for a while. Amazing dinner in town, then wait for sunset. We hoped the aurora would come out play and holy doodle did it ever!

Almost 1400 shots with one camera, over 900 with the other. Here's a couple photos that caught my eye during a first pass. I think if I can even out some of the exposures, I'm going to get a great movie of the lights dancing, but that will have to wait for getting home.




That was last night as I write this. Today was a long road trip to some fabulous reflections, and colour, and what I think are going to be some amazing sunset shots on the Alaska Highway.

Peony of the Day
(July 16)


Driftwood of the Day
I've been waiting to write about this one for a long time. Yes, this is as found. Yes, it had the correct date and time, and was still running. No, I don't think the chunk of driftwood was wearing it to track it's triathlon training. But it does show how durable some of our creations are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!