Monday, September 16, 2019

First day of serious Yukon editing

There are many photos edited just from the 5th. Even though I was being careful editing during the trip, there are still some oddities. I somehow ended up with a few dozen photos with a file name like 20190905-IMG_nnnn-2, because there is another file name exactly the same. I've not seen that happen before. Plus there's been some mixups on what has and has not been blogged, so if I duplicate a photo just enjoy it again and move on. Some other odd Lightroom things have happened that I need not bore you with here.

In any case I was busy editing today. There are more than I'm going to put on the blog all at once, and I'm still thinking through how I'm going to do this. There are landscapes, reflections, people, distressed wood, and one so far that I've done as sort of an abstract arty shot. I think I'm going to mix and match so you don't get bored with all landscapes, or all reflections, or all people you might not know.

The plan so far is to work through the editing, and put some of them up here. Later I want to do a big sum up post to put on my photoblog page, and a Spark web page. No idea yet how I'm going to choose which images I put there.

Some reflections in Kluane Lake.




This is the other side of the lake, with the photo settings deliberately pushed to produce this image. This is not what your eyes would see.


Our fearless leader, Neil Zeller working the sunset on the Alaska highway. (You can see my shot of what he was looking at, here.)


The famous red chairs at Kathleen Lake, occupied and unoccupied. Yes, he is one of us.



My first view of Kathleen Lake. No, I don't know who those people are. I did this for the reflection.


Peony of the Day
(July 25)


Driftwood of the Day



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous scenery, and well done those reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeepers! Those first two shots are especially wonderful! I may have to get you to print one for me.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!