Thursday, November 9, 2017

A tree, twice. Thoughts. Hints.

You might be thinking, that tree looks familiar. It should, for people that have been reading my blog for a year or more.

My eyes saw a slightly hazy moon behind the tree, and I knew it would be a tough photo, but I zoomed out anyways. Several lenses and several shots later on each, I had this. I like how it's lit up by both the little more than half moon, and the streetlight across the road. The house isn't quite that yellow, but such is the price of getting the rest of it looking nice. I think the brightness of it balances the darkness of the rest of the image.


Here's the photo of the same tree a year or so ago. One of the nicer sunrises, even by the standards of the last little while.

Today was a thoughtful day, mostly. I think that people need some time to be quiet and think about whatever pleases them, and today was it. There was some time editing my various written works, fixing things that baffle me I could have written in the first place, and not noticed in the various re-reads. There was some time thinking about where I want to go with photography, and what, if anything, to do about equipment. All this was while Curtis was purring in time with my thoughts.

It's kind of cool out today, and I was feeling like a bit of a weenie so I didn't run. I can console myself that I had a really good swim and water run yesterday. Today was about 45 min easy spin. From there I crossed a few things off my to-do list.

There's been a few more entries in my contest, but no correct entries so far. One great idea for a macro photo session, so thank you there. There was a suggestion about hints, so I did one here. Here's another one - look at this recent blog post carefully. That should give you some ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!