Saturday, September 19, 2026

We voted! Plus...

The ballots arrived in the mail Friday. Of course we voted. Anybody that read my rant (here) will have no doubt how we voted. Easy. Fast. Simple, if you've had time to read the stupidly worded questions and think about what the obvious response is. Stupid UCP. The return envelops are in the mail already. I don't envy the people opening the envelops and going through the counting process.

It seems that we're just a pair of the more than 500,000 who have requested mail in ballots. Given the difficulty they've been having finding people to work the election, I can totally understand the mail in ballot deluge. I mean, read the questions. Can you imagine some poor sod who hasn't paid a lot of attention to the issue, confronting the line up of people waiting to vote, and wondering why it's moving so slowly. Then they read the questions and understand. The questions are stupid, and badly worded, several of which require constitutional changes, which isn't going to happen. One of them seems to imply more controls are needed on voter ID, except that voter fraud in Canada is almost completely non-existent.

So, on to happier topics. In spite of my initial trepidations, the wedding went well. It was small, only a few guests, and none of the wedding industry flim-flam. Still, it was kind of stressful because of the crappy light. The B and G are travelling this week, so I don't know if they've seen the photos.

I survived the sisterly visit, as did Linda, though she went to bed early last night and is still asleep. These are Linda's next two oldest sisters. Kelly has visited a number of times over the years as she travelled for work, but this was Kim's first visit. Linda herded them mercilessly, getting them to the places they wanted to go. The only disappointment was that Heritage Park was closed the day they went. Waterton Park, Banff, Lake Louise, Moraine Lake, Royal Tyrell Museum, more farmer's markets than I knew existed, the Central Library, the Chinese Lantern festival, and probably more places that didn't get mentioned, or that I've forgotten. Here is the herding evidence. Being honest, Linda will claim, "We were framed!"


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)


Film


Linda, pointing out the direction.


Newfoundland


New Brunswick


Why ever didn't I publish this, and maybe I did


90 days, or so ago


Flower


Landscape


Serendipity, or, Curtis being noble.


Me
There have been complaints there aren't enough photos of me, which is sort of tough since I'm the one carrying the camera. In any case, there is something peculiar about this photo I took. Can you see what it is?



Scrolling down is a spoiler.


Think about it before looking at this one as a hint. Can you figure out what I did?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!