Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Another first. Outdoor yoga in the fluffy snow

No seriously, it looked like snow. The Poplar or Cottonwood fluff is in full bloom, floating on the breeze, piling up in little drifts. None the less, 6 of us showed up on a perfect summer evening for yoga. After a bit of bug spray, we settled in. Jen led us through a number poses, with lots of core stuff and twists. My highlight was tree. Normally I struggle with tree, but today I discovered that's because my roots can't grow into concrete. My tree felt strong and stable, and my branches waved gently in the warm breeze. It was all wonderful!

So, those of you in Calgary, feel free to join us at Princess Elizabeth school next Wednesday. It will be good for relaxing after all the Stampeding you've been up to.

I took a video of the walk from Banker's Hall to City Hall, but I hadn't realized how bouncy it was. I was just holding the camera as I walked, and of course my hand was bouncing a little in time with my walk. It's a bit seasick making. I might play in iMovie to see if it will do anything about that. I was hoping to be able to post a before Stampede, and during Stampede crowd comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!