Saturday, September 7, 2019

Kitties!! And Dawson.

The highlight of yesterday was getting up close and personal with a mom and daughter lynx. No fence between us. I've got many dozen photos, of which these are merely the first ones I found to blog. More will show up anon. For some of these, the cats are less than 10 feet away. Yes, these are wild lynx. Yes, I have many more photos. Stay tuned. I might do a Spark blog thing, which is another new thing.


This one is for my buddy Susi. Stay tuned for the bear butt, and I think fox butt, and certainly musk ox butt.


If I can pose a wild lynx this well, imagine what I could do with your semi-tame house cats for portraits.

I asked the kitties very nicely if they wanted their ears or chins scritched and they said no.

We just had breakfast in Dawson, and I'm about to get my camera and go walk the streets that are paved with gold. The colours and light are spectacular here, and from some photos I saw from the Dempster a few days ago, we're all going to think we've died and gone to photographer heaven.

Peony of the Day
(July 20)


Driftwood of the Day


3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos of the lynx. It troubles me that you were able to get so close though. Have they gotten a little too comfortable with humans?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not comfortable with humans. They were watching us closely, waiting for the food to be thrown to them. It's a little unnerving having a good sized predator at least thinking about the possibility of you being lunch.

      Delete
  2. Soooo many great shots. For some reason, #30 really stands out for me though. It beautifully capture the feeling of space you get there. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!