Friday, June 17, 2011

Listened instead of running

It stopped raining, and was nice enough to go for a run this afternoon after work. But there wasn't time. We had decided to go to a free talk by Adres Duany at the Glenbow. He's a guy that designs spaces that allow for a closer interaction between urban and agricultural spaces. There is a lot more to this than I thought. Here's a link to his web page.

The space has 225 seats, and the fire code says max 210 people, which is bizarre, and there was a small crowd outside wanting in. After some discussion they decided to do another talk tomorrow night as well. If you're in Calgary, are interested in a more natural way of living, you might want to consider going. I found it well worth my time.

The only downside for me is that my knee stiffened up pretty badly because I was trapped in an inside seat. I couldn't straighten my leg. Toward the end it was really beginning to throb, and not in a good way. Then it spread down into my calf. I've been stretching it out a bit, and it's starting to feel better.

Tomorrow is the Chinook Half and Oly IM. I'm so happy I decided not to sign up. I might be able to get through it, but there's no way I'd enjoy it. I'm just not in the shape to do it this year. Several of my buddies are in it, so I'll show up to cheer them on. With any luck I'll get a bunch of photos, maybe video too.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your knee! That is the worst when something like that happens and you are trapped with nothing but your thoughts on how much it hurts.

    You are very nice to go cheer on your friends at their races.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!