Thursday, May 11, 2023

Pop-up season is early this year

 Yes, the flowers are popping up a bit early. So are thunderstorms; this normally happens in July. I'd been thinking about riding my bike to the pool today, but there's some ominous looking clouds billowing up west of us. 

Yesterday I was walking in Fish Creek looking for film photos, not really thinking about the weather. It started raining lightly, but I'm in the trees not far from the car. By the time I was getting to the river it had started to pour. I scuttled between the trees and got back to the car pretty wet.

We need the rain, so there's no complaints. Linda has been shuttling plants outside during the day, and back under cover at night, and just as well. We had frost last night. I don't think there's a window between the dew leaving the grass so it's dry enough to cut, and the approaching rain. I've mowed it once already, and it's due again, and it's not even Victoria day, the traditional day for a first mowing.


And a double travel serendipity for you!


New Zealand

Yukon

One thing with the thunderstorms is that we get interesting cloud formations sometimes. No special editing to get this.


Of the Day
Driftwood (NZ)


Driftwood (BC)


Peony
Last one from early July, 2022! Pretty much peak peony. The white peony shoots are coming up strong, so I'm hoping it's working to be even more photogenic. It's been image of the month several times, and is usually in the running for image of the year, but has only made the podium once.


Flower
One of the first tulips, tough to photo because it's under green netting.


Tombstone

Film (new)
Fish Creek.

Film (old)
Us in Muir Woods, near San Francisco, taken by my friend Hilary.



1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!